Standards of Care
FOR OUR PATIENTS
At our office, our patient’s health and safety is our utmost concern. Dr. Griffin and her staff always adhere to Universal Safety Precautions when interacting with a patient or staff members. Each staff member maintains rigorous personal hygiene standards as well as using new gloves and masks for every patient interaction. We use hospital-grade disinfectants across the entire office with extensive room cleaning after each patient to ensure a safe and clean environment. After each use, all dental instruments receive the highest level of medical sterilization available for their use. These processes have always been of the utmost importance in our office and will continue to be the standards we uphold for our community.
OUR SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND STANDARD OF CARE
- Hand Hygiene-soap, water, paper towels and antiseptic wipes are used and available.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)-staff will wear appropriate gloves, masks and eye protection with all appointments.
- Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette-re-appointing patients presenting with respiratory infections, social distancing, providing tissues and non-touch receptacles for coughs, and screening and reappointing for patients present with elevated temperatures.
- Sharps Safety Protocols in place.
- Safe Injection Protocols-aseptic techniques in a clean area avoiding any contamination.
- Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient-Care Items and Devices.
- Environmental Infection Prevention and Control of all Surface Barriers
- Dental Unit Water-meets EPA Regulation Standards for drinkable water.
ADDITIONAL STANDARDS OF CARE FOR COVID-19
- Screen patients for international travel, signs or symptoms of infection when updating their medical histories.
- Include temperature readings as part of our routine assessment of the patient prior to performing dental procedures.
- Use high speed evacuation for all dental procedures producing an aerosol.
- Have patients rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide prior to dental appointment.
- Clean and disinfect public areas and public items between patients.
- Social distancing-patient to call office upon arrival to be escorted directly to operatory.